Tools and Resources
Welcome to the Tools and Resources area for Spanish. This area gives you:
- find out more about the background to the Spanish language, learn some useful phrases to help you get by, discover more about traditions, festivals, and holidays, browse through interesting information about the culture of Spanish-speaking countries*, and explore other useful websites.
- discover how to write letters or reports in Spanish, browse through and download extensive sample letter templates, have a look at email templates and Internet screenshots*, discover how to structure your written work, and try your hand at word games.
- the area for teachers and students - get the best out of your dictionary with the Dictionary Skills Resource Packs, and plan your time with our lesson plans and worksheets.
*Only available to subscribers
Please note how asterisks are used in the Oxford Spanish Dictionary:
- on the English-Spanish side, an asterisk following a Spanish translation indicates that it is an irregular Spanish verb. For more information, look it up in the verb tables.
- on the Spanish-English side, an asterisk following an English translation indicates that it is the American spelling of a word, and that the British spelling is different.